How to become a Deliv driver and everything you need to know before deciding to apply as a driver will share here. Everything such as the requirements, the registration, and is working for Deliv worth it when you do this job. Because working for Deliv is different from any other service, so you need to understand everything before you make an application.
So you are looking for a side job to earn extra money. Well, in that case, consider getting a gig-based job. For example, as a Deliv driver. Interested? Read on, then. Here we tell you the requirements to be a Deliv driver, how to become a Deliv driver, what is it like to be one, and how much money a Deliv driver makes.
Deliv Driver Requirements
The requirements to be a Deliv driver are not difficult to meet. Just like an Uber or Lyft requirement but there is something different here.
The followings are the requirements to drive for Deliv:
- 18 years or older (in some states the minimum age is 21)
- Have a valid driver’s license
- One year of driving experience
- Have access to a vehicle with air conditioning (it must be no older than 15 years old)
- Pass a background check
- Pass a driving record check
- Have vehicle registration
- Have proof of auto insurance
- Can lift up to 50 pounds
- Is it a city where Deliv is available
How to Become a Deliv Driver?
Next, how to become a Deliv driver? The application process goes like this:
- Go to https://www.deliv.co/drivers/ and fill out the online application.
- Choose the service area you will be delivered in.
- Upload photos of your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and insurance.
- Sign the terms of service.
- Fill out the profile details.
- Complete a brief certification process.
- Take the quiz.
- Wait for the background check to clear.
- Download the Deliv app. Then, select available hours. If hours are not available yet, waitlist your desired availability. Wait for them to be verified.
What Is It Like to Work For Deliv?
Being a Deliv driver is different from any other service. First and foremost, you are allowed to determine what hours you will be driving a week in advance. The Deliv hours are from 8 am to 8 pm.
Many people like this because it enables them to have a more predictable working schedule week to week. Of course, you can also sign in and pick hours, if they are available.
Once you start your hours, you will get an optimized route through the app. The app will also tell you detailed instructions for picking up and dropping off orders.
The delivery radius is approximately 15 miles. As a driver, your job is to pick up and deliver packages to customers.
How Much Does a Deliv Driver Make?
As you make your deliveries, you will be paid an hourly Time on Task rate and a mileage rate. The rate of Time on Task varies, but it is usually between $13 and $18.
The mileage rate is at least $0.50 per mile. As a driver, you can expect to earn $15 to $22 per hour. Earnings are paid via PayPal weekly.
Deliv has a program named Minimum Settlement Program. This basically guarantees drivers with earnings, even if they receive zero deliveries during their available hours.
The guaranteed earning is 50% of the driver’s Time on Task rate, multiplied by the driver’s available hours.
When you work as a Deliv driver, you will still earn money even if you receive no delivery at all. All you need is to be available during your booked schedule.